FOODI MSc Programme includes only both technical (engineering, science, nutrition, health) and business (entrepreneurial/intrapreneurial, innovation, business strategy) aspects. The FOODI MSc Programme vision and values statement and programme outcomes, together with the target audience and desirable skills had also been agreed. The FOODI MSc Programme contains 90 credits, delivered over three semesters, with 72 core and 18 elective credits.
The core of the FOODI MSc Programme is a cross-disciplinary project with an allocation of 30 credits, with a major focus on creativity and innovation, including an industry internship and culminating in a report presented in a traditional thesis format. Flexibility was afforded in the array of elective courses, albeit a choice of only three elective courses, each carrying the standard six credits, can be chosen.
FOODI Programme outcomes
- Integrate knowledge of food science/technology/entrepreneurship principles for transformation of the food industry to produce quality, safe, sustainable, healthy food
- Critically evaluate and apply innovative technologies for positive disruption and development of the food industry
- Conduct research and adhere to legal, ethical and professional practices in food innovation
- Demonstrate the ability to perform and effectively communicate original research in interdisciplinary areas of food science, technology and entrepreneurship
- Implement standard analytical and innovative methods including digital technologies, statistical software to monitor the risks and hazards influencing food quality.
- Demonstrate responsibility in planning, resource management, supervision, problem solving and managing work within a team and collaboratively with other teams.
- Analyse the main economic and strategic issues concerning food markets and consumer preferences, creating effective marketing plans for the food industry